Sunday 22 April 2012

letting go

Just as I needed to let go of limiting beliefs I had to let go to material stuff.  I cleared out loads of toys belonging to the children and old book, college notes, out of date and unneeded stuff.  Following the example of my sister in law I was ruthless, well as ruthless as I can be.  I now have an almost acceptable cleared out dining room.  Since the arrival of our beloved dog, and her persistent desire to eat the rabbit I have had no where to relax.  The door to the front room has to be kept permanently closed so that the animals are kept separate.  I was unable to spend any time in there as the dog would whine when left alone.  So I had to rearrange the house.  Bags of stuff has gone to be recycled, re purposed and re-loved.  Loads of stuff has gone to the dump.  And finally it has been agreed to repatriate the rabbit.  Her original owner is keen to have him back.  Yippeeeee.  I never bonded with him, especially as he liked to bite me.  Never a good idea to bite the hand that feeds you.  So letting go has made me feel so much better.  My energy levels were not so good but sometimes its best to just keep swimming.  I acknowledged all the times I wanted to give up and I just plodded along.  

De-cluttering is good for the soul and the spirit.  I hated to throw out good stuff and found a great website where you can give away things you no longer need.  I think it was the belief that it is wrong to dump things that still have a use that was getting in the way of my clear-out.  So now I am happily photographing the things that are taking up space that I no longer need and hope that out there somewhere some one wants it.  



From this clear out I have learned quite a few things.  I have learned that it is best to lead by example, my children have started to clear out their old stuff too.  I have learned that there is more than one way to do things.  I did nt have to throw out the stuff that was useful; I was able to give it away.  I have learned that if someone gives you something it is them yours and it is ok to pass it on or even dump it if you no longer love need or value it.  

So today think about what you are holding on to that you no longer need. What is taking up space and energy in your life that you can let go of.  In order to make way for new things we need to get rid of the old things.  Let go and be open to all the new and wonderful possibilities in life.  I had Debussy on a loop on the computer while doing the clearing out.  His music is so fresh and relaxing at the same time.  It is perfect letting go music.  And although I am now editing my life I have decided to give up editing my blog, stream of consciousness writing is so much nicer I think.  

Happy Sunday . 

No comments:

Post a Comment