Friday 18 May 2012

all change

Life can be strange and so can dealing with changes.  This time last year I was comming out of the worst of my episode and was starting to enjoy life again.  It is my birthday this month and I will be 45.  I feel young again.  I got a migraine for the first time in years this week.  I did all the usual things to find out the cause , I tapped , I did affirmations and it passed.  I blamed myself for taking on too much and when I returned to work the following day I noticed that the flickeing light overhead was about to trigger another one.  Sometimes we need to look around us to see what is really causing us the pain.  

I think all through my 30s I felt burdened.  For many years I used to think how awful it would be if my younger self turned up and saw me.  I had achieved nothing I planned on when I was younger.  I was possibly the most boring person I could ever imagine.  I was burdened down by everything and just kept going out of a sense of duty.  I am thankfully free of that now and understand that I have choices.  




My favourite Irish song played on my favourite Irish instrument.  baidin fhileamie, on the uillean pipes.  Always wanted to try them out, I wonder what stopped me?  Probably me !

So today ask yourself what it is you would love to do if only you had the courage and go find that courage and go do it.  Am off to find someone to show me how to play the uillean pipes:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment